Hello! I hope everyone is doing ok. Today I’m going to be sharing with you my original rocky road nest cake recipe. Nest cakes are very simple to make so anyone can make these.
I came up with this recipe because I really like nest cakes and they don’t use many ingredients. However I found them a bit boring after making them a couple times with just chocolate and cornflakes. So I looked through my cupboards and I found some extra ingredients that I added. They taste so good and if you decide to make them, please tweet me your photos (@lifeseasonblog).
Rocky Road Nest Cakes
- 200g of milk or dark chocolate
- 100g of cornflakes
- 50g of digestive biscuits or cookies
- 3 teaspoons of nutella
- 25g of marshmallows
- Fill a quarter of a medium sized saucepan with boiling water. Break up the chocolate bars into individual pieces and put them in a glass bowl.
- Place the glass bowl on top of the saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring regularly.
- Once the chocolate has fully melted, take it off the heat and leave until cool.
- Put the cornflakes and marshmallows into a large mixing bowl. Crush the biscuits and add to the mixing bowl.
- Once the chocolate has cooled, add it to the mixing bowl along with the nutella. Stir the mixture until everything is coated in chocolate.
- Get a cupcakes tray and fill it with paper cases. If you don’t have any paper cases, you can either line a baking tray with grease proof paper or use a chocolate mould. Scoop the mixture into the tray.
- Put the trays in the fridge for around 2-3 hours until they have fully set and enjoy!
- My Eurovision 2022 ReviewHello! Hope you’re okay! Today’s blog post is my Eurovision 2022 review! This was my 2nd year watching Eurovision and I enjoyed it a lot!Continue reading “My Eurovision 2022 Review”
- 2 Years Of Lifestyle Season – Reflection & Future PlansHello! Hope you’re okay! Today is a special blog post because it’s all about my 2 year anniversary of this blog! I published my blogContinue reading “2 Years Of Lifestyle Season – Reflection & Future Plans”
- April Favourites 2022Hello! Hope you’re okay! Today’s blog post is another favourites post – my April favourites! April has been an amazing month and I’ve discovered someContinue reading “April Favourites 2022”
- Testing Beauty Products – April 2022Hello! Hope you’re okay! Today’s blog post is about testing new beauty products! I have done one of these blog posts before (in summer 2020Continue reading “Testing Beauty Products – April 2022”
- What To Wear For WorkoutsHello! Hope you’re okay! Today’s blog post is about what to wear for workouts! Not only do you want to wear something fashionable for workoutsContinue reading “What To Wear For Workouts”